To be fair, I’m quite skeptical to the whole idea of expansions made by one player, but I got this idea which I want to share. And also it’s something everyone on this forum already did, so why not.
Also I know that card names are a bit generic. Suggest your own if you want.
- “Steal Health” means that targeted minion or General loses said amount of Health while another minion or General heals for that much.
- You can’t steal more Health than target currently has.
- You can’t go over your max Health. Any healing above that is wasted.
- Stealing is not damage. It bypasses damaging and damage preventing effects (Panddo, Nimbus, Juggernaut, Forcefield). It doesn’t ping Artifacts (no durability loss). It still triggers death effects if it kills its target.
- Attacks that steal Health still trigger a counterattack.
- Stealing is healing only when receiver is below max Health. In that case it triggers healing effects.
- If it is not specified who or what is stealing Health and effect is not on a minion, that means only Health is taken from the target minion or General, but no healing happens. Most likely it is meant for synergy.
Cards which already have Health Steal
- Void Relic (Reliquarian Artifact)
- Firestorm Mantra
Changes to existing cards
Opening Gambit: Steal 1 Health from an enemy minion or General.
Breath of the Unborn
Your General steals 2 health from all enemy minions.
Steal 2 Health from the enemy General.
(Slight nerf, simplifies description; I hope suggested synergy will balance it out.)
Steal 1 Health from an enemy minion. If it takes damage, destroy it.
(Reminder: Health Steal is not damage.)
Deathwatch: Steal 1 Health from the enemy General.
Bloodbound Spell: Steal 2 Health from a friendly minion and your General to Summon a Husk nearby that minion. It gains +1/+1 for each Health stolen.
(Discourages use of Sarlac or Gor to summon Husks as it would only make a 3/3 Husk. Instead provides 2 triggers of Health Steal for synergy and doesn’t break Artifacts.)
4 mana, 0/6, Structure
At the start of your turn, steal 1 Health from all minions and Generals.
(Health goes to Spire, not your General.)
2 mana, Artifact
Whenever Health is stolen, steal 1 Health from the enemy General.
Tide of Blood
3 mana, 0/3, Minion
This minion gains +1/+0 for each time you stole Health this game.
Surge of Blood
3 mana, 1/2, Minion
Provoke. This minion gains +0/+1 for each time you stole Health this game.
3 mana, Artifact
Whenever your General attacks or counterattacks, they steal Health equal to their attack instead.
4 mana, Spell
Whenever you General loses Health this turn, deal that much damage to all enemies.
2 mana, 2/3, Minion
While this minion is on the battlefield, friendly Shadow Creep steals Health instead of doing damage.